As we close out another year like no other, let’s look back at some of the most notable cybersecurity stories that shaped 2021
Unsurprisingly, 2021 has seen no shortage of notable cybersecurity moments, so much so that it’s no mean feat to whittle the long list down to just a few stories that rocked (not just) the world of cybersecurity in 2021. Nevertheless, which of the countless attacks, vulnerability disclosures and other notable cybersecurity events stood out the most?
Watch the video to learn:
- how one particular ransomware attack marked a turning point in the US Government’s response to the scourge of cyber-extortion
- what other scary hack highlighted some of the key threats facing critical infrastructure
- why US law enforcement accessed hundreds of privately-owned Microsoft Exchange servers
- which of the year’s many cyberattacks best exemplified the magnitude of the threat posed by supply chain attacks
- why the era of passwordless authentication may finally be around the corner
- how a software vulnerability shook the internet in the waning days of the year
I wish you all a safe and healthy new year!
Exchange servers under siege from at least 10 APT groups
FBI removes web shells from compromised Exchange servers
Kaseya supply‑chain attack: What we know so far
Log4Shell vulnerability: What we know so far