Some useful advice for staying safe while hunting for bargains in this holiday season
The holiday sales are here and shoppers will be out hunting for bargains, both online and offline. Retailers will create tempting email campaigns – some are already starting to hit my inbox – and cybercriminals will see the heightened online shopping activity as an opportunity to create more scams.
According to data from Criteo’s Global Commerce Review, transactions from Mobile Web and in-App purchases now account for 61%, leaving just 39% of online shoppers using desktop devices.
Cybercriminals also seek to take advantage on this shift to online shopping and grab the opportunity to make more money with fraudulent phishing emails, scams and fake websites. With the ever-increasing number of data breaches exposing your personal information and payment card data, it’s never been more important to stay vigilant.
Watch the video for some tips on staying safe while hunting for bargains in this holiday season.