Information about the August Global Threat Report and where to find other ESET resources
It occurs to me that we haven’t been too good at keeping you up to date with the monthly Global Threat Reports lately, and once again we’re a third of the way through September without mentioning the August report. Which is a pity, as it’s quite a good example:
- An Offer You Can’t Refuse revisits and expands upon an article I originally wrote for SC Magazine’s Cybercrime Corner about a 419 with a licence to kill and an eclectic taste in cultural references
- Stephen Cobb gives lengthy consideration to the highly topical subject of The Industrialization of Criminal Malware, drawing together some disparate threads that have been addressed over time by ESET researchers.
- ThreatSense 2012 – the Sequel looks at some slightly unexpected developments in the PC support scam
- Mobile Mugging: Phoning in the Attack, by Robert Lipovsky, looks at the new generation of smartphone threats
And, of course, there’s last month’s top ten threats, as assessed by our LiveGrid telemetry technology.
Recent Threat Reports are available on the Threat Center page, but older reports are available from the Global Threat Reports page. And this might be a good time to recap on where some of our other papers and presentations can be found:
- White Papers
- Conference Papers
- Articles by and occasionally about ESET researchers
- ESET webcasts
- Conference presentations
David Harley CITP FBCS CISSP
ESET Senior Research Fellow