- Processing of Personal Data,
- General Rules,
- Data Confidentiality,
- Data Subject’s Rights.
Our Services are intended for adults only. If You are less then eighteen (18) years old, You may only create and use the Account or the related Services if your parent or other legal guardian is involved.
Processing of Personal Data
- Personal data included in the newsletter subscription form, such as name a surname and email will be used for the delivery of new content publication. ESET will also process details on the newsletter delivery as well.
- Statistics may only be used internally for the purpose of the improvement of the website, content and user experience in general.
There are only few legal bases for data processing which We use according to the GDPR legislative framework. Our activities are mainly covered by
- contractual necessity legal basis is applicable when it comes to registration for the Event,
- consent when it comes to cookies used by our site,
- compliance with legal obligation e.g. stipulating requirements for electronic communication and accounting.
ESET is a company operating worldwide via affiliated entities or partners as part of our distribution, service and support network. Without Your prior consent, We do not and will not disclose information we gathered about You to any third party other than parties affiliated with Us (any legal entity within ESET Group). However, we are entitled to provide information about You to our subcontractors and other partners on a “need to know basis” (when disclosure is reasonable necessary) and only in connection with the need to maintain or improve certain functions and activities of this website. We make sure that such third parties are properly advised and instructed on how to deal with your personal information and how to protect it. However, we don’t need Your consent the event that we are required to provide information we collected about You by legal authorities if such obligation is given by law or court. Based on your location and service You choose to use, We might be required to transfer your data to a country with absence of adequacy decision by the European Commission. Even in this case, every transfer of information is subject to regulation of data protection legislation and takes place only if required. Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules or another appropriate safeguard must be established without any exception.
ESET implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security which is appropriate to potential risks. We are doing our best to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services. However, in case of data breach resulting in a risk to your rights and freedoms, We are ready to notify the supervisory authority as well as the data subjects.
Data Subject’s Rights
ESET is subject to regulation of Slovak laws and We are bound by data protection legislation as a member state of European Union. Subject to certain limitations stated in data protection legislation. every Data subject is entitled to the following rights:
- right to request access to your personal data from ESET,
- right to rectification of your personal data if inaccurate (You also have the right to have incomplete personal data amended),
- right to request erasure of your personal data,
- right to request restriction processing of your personal data,
- right to object to processing as well as,
- right to data portability,
- right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If You would like to exercise your right as a data subject or You have a question concerning personal data protection or privacy, send us a message at:
ESET, spol. s r.o.
Data Protection Officer