We’ve added some features to ESET Smart Security. The beta for version 4.0 is now open to the public. Visit http://beta.eset.com to try out the new version.
As always with beta software, it is not recommended to be used on production systems.
New features include:
- support for Microsoft Windows Live Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird mail user agents
- scanning of SSL-encrypted HTTPS and POP3S traffic
- scanning of messages downloaded via the IMAP protocol
- integrated SysRescue module for creating bootable discs and USB flash drives
- integrated SysInspector module for analyzing runnings processes on computer
- device driver-based cleaning module to remove malware which runs at boot time
- Watch Activity pane graphs File and Network Activity with second, minute or hour precision
- text mode interface for compatibility with screen-readers and other assistive technologies
Director of Technical Education
Author ESET Research, We Live Security